Finca Barlovento - FAQs
• Can you swim at the beach of Barlovento? There are parts of the beach where you can and other ones where you cannot swim and it depends also on the weather conditions. But as the Finca is located between the river and the Sea, you can also swim in the river, which forms a natural bassin with the Sea.
• Are there any restaurants around ? No, the area of the Tayrona Park is a totally natural area without tourist infrastructure. But the Finca itself offers an excellent restaurant service with delicious and fresh gourmet cuisine. Breakfast and dinner are inluded in the price, and you can order the lunch directly at Barlovento.
• How far is the Finca from the Tayrona Park? Finca Barlovento is located at 5 minutes by bus or car from the main entrance of the park in Cañaveral, so you can perfectly realise a day tour to discover the beaches of the park. It's needed to pay the ticket to enter the park (17,000 pesos for colombians, 44,500 foreigners,9,000 pesos for children from 5 to 12))
• How can I get there? We offer a transportation service y taxi (1-3 people), which costs 90'000 pesos from the city of Santa Marta, 120'000 pesos from the airport and 550'000 pesos from Cartagena. We just need to know your exact pick- up time and place. For 4-5 persons, the price from the airport is 160,000 pesos.
This accommodation is comfortable and relaxing inmidden of an amazing natural setting. It offers a good service and marvellous food, but you have to like ecotourism and you cannot expect all the services of a hotel like WiFi connection, Bar and luxury installations. If you prefer this, please let us know and we may send you options of hotels in this area.
Prices do not include VAT
Green Path TransfersGreen Path Transfers
All rooms of Barlovento Cabin offer a great view of the Caribbean Sea. The rooms in Barlovento cabin are open with no windows. All rooms counts with mosquito protection.
We have recently build the new Maloka Cabin, bigger cabins with views and private bathroom. The capacity is up to 3 persons per room.
- In low season, cancellations must be made at least three days prior to the arrival date.
- In peak season, cancellations must be made at least 15 days prior to the arrival date.
- If cancellations are made after the deadline, the Finca will charge the first night.
Late check-out may be allowed depending on availability.
Children below 8 years of age are not expected to pay.