Ecohabs Tayrona ParkAddress: Tayrona Park- entrance of Cañaveral, Santa Marta view map
The ecohabs are the most exclusive accommodation within the Tayrona Park in Santa Marta. These bungalows have been inspired by the indigenous constructions of the ancient Tayrona tribe. They are built aloft so that you can enjoy privileged views of the Caribbean Sea and the rich vegetation of the park. The buildings are based on wood, with high roofs, which are covered with palm leaves, to reach an ideal temperature. These beautiful installations integrate you in the magic of the Tayrona Park.
A great advantage is that you are already within the Tayrona Park and you can walk from Cañaveral to discover the other beaches of the Tayrona Park like Arrecifes, la Piscina and Cabo San Juan del Guía.
Main area of focus in Caring for the Destination:
Consolidation of the Tayrona Park as first eco-tourist destination of Colombia
Detailed description of the Caring for the Destination Initiative:
Both, the Temporary Union Tayrona and Aviatur have made the effort to restructure the park and to facilitate accommodation for tourists without harming the natural environment. Their unique goal is that, when their concession ends in ten years, the Tayrona Park will be consolidated as the first eco tourist destination of Colombia.
These are the recommendations and indications for the visitors of the Ecohabs and the Tayrona National Natural Park in order to protect and preserve this natural paradise from any harm:
• Do not forget to deposit the garbage in the indicated places.
• Please take empty batteries with you out of the park area when you leave.
• Please only enter to the park returnable materials.
• Please switch off the light when you do not use it.
• Do not throw any materials into the toilet.
• Please help us to save water.
• It is not allowed to listen music at a high volume to respect the park.
• Given the fragility of the eco system you will visit, it is not allowed to recollect shells, corals, stones, animal or vegetal materials and strange animals and take them out of the park. And please don't use sprays or other toxic materials.
• It is not allowed to smoke or to cook in the rooms, but you can use the indicated cook areas on the camping.
• Please use the boxes of the park for biodegradable garbage. There plastic bags at your disposition for the non biodegradable garbage, to take it out of the park when you leave.
• It is not allowed to realize bonfires
on 07 Nov 2012
- United Kingdom
on 03 Sep 2012
- United Kingdom
on 14 Aug 2012
- United States
on 26 Mar 2012