Accommodation Tayrona National Park
If you are looking for a really sophisticated and private accommodation with spectacular ocean views, please have a look on Beach House Tayrona, located 5 minutes by bus or car from the main entrance of the Tayrona Park. It is located in a total natural area between the Sea and the river, and with all comforts!
- Finca Barlovento is available again! This amazing Santa Marta accommodation is situated between the river and the Caribbean Sea on the beach of los Naranjos in Santa Marta. It offers 3 standard double rooms without windows and with an incredible frontal sea view. There is also a separate studio with a double bed, private bathroom, direct TV and air- conditioning, with both a river and sea view.
- Cabin Real Dream is a great Santa Marta hotel located next to the beach, 5 minutes by public bus or car from the main entrance of the Tayrona Park in Cañaveral. There is one cabana with view of the sea, two without views and one independent cabana right next to the beach. The rate of the cabana with a sea view is 200,000 pesos (110 USD) for two people, with breakfast included and the other rooms cost 100 USD for 2 people with breakfast included. Additionally, you can get a delicious lunch and dinner for 15 to 25,000 pesos per person.
- Merecumbe hotel offers ecological luxory cabanas right next to the sea. They are the perfect choice for travellers who are looking for a lot of comfort and something special and stylish next to a private beach area. These suites cost 220,000 pesos per person and night with all 3 meals included, and you may enjoy delicious Santa Marta cuisine.
- Hotel Mendihuaca Caribbean Resort is the only real hotel close to the Tayrona National Park and it offers comfortable suites and good installations. The rate is 130 USD for a double room, with all three meals included.
- Hotel Playa Koral is an eco-boutique hotel on a precious beach, 10 - 15 minutes by car or bus from the entrance to the Tyarona Park. It offers beautiful suites with original decoration. The rate is 260,000 pesos per person, with all three meals included.
- Tayrona Ecotourist Lodging is outside the park and you can arrive from Santa Marta by taxi for 60,000 pesos (80,000 from the airport). You can visit both the estuary mouth of los Naranjos and the beach of Los Angeles. From the posadas, it takes you 10 minutes by public bus to get to the main entrance of the Tayrona Park. They have a special agreement with the park, so once you have paid the park entrance fee, you can enter and leave the park wherever you want. The breakfast is included and the other food is served at a rate of 20,000- 25,000 pesos per meal per person (around 10 USD).
Another alternative may be Finca Portales del Tayrona , a spectacular Santa Marta hotel next to the entrance of Pueblito in the Tayrona Park. From there you can start an excursion to the park by the indigenous town Pueblito, and by descending you will know all the beaches of the park. Or you can also get in 10 minutes by bus to the main entrance of the park..
Transportation from Santa Marta to the Tayrona National Park:
The taxi (1- 4 people) from the airport to the area of the Tayrona National Park (parque Tayrona), where these cabanas and hotels are located, costs 85,000 pesos, 75,000 pesos from Rodadero, 68,000 pesos from Taganga and 65,000 pesos from the city of Santa Marta. We can send you our taxi driver with confidence who speaks English and knows the places for the same rate.
To enter Tayrona National Park it's needed to pay a ticket, the prices are:
13,000 pesos for colombians, 35,000 for foreigners, and 9,000 for children.